Thursday, February 4, 2010

There are so many coins in this contry...

Okay so I want to start of with a little rant. London has been amazing, perfect practically except they use coins for every dollar amount. Have they heard of one pound (their currency) bills? They have coins for 1 pence (equal to one penny), 2 pence, 5 pence, 10 pence, 20 pence, 50 pence, 1 pound and 2 pound. It takes me 5 minutes to just pay someone. I had to tell the bartender to hold on because its gonna take me a bit. Ugh, but at least that’s the only bad thing, I think I can get used to it though.

My flight to London was good, minus the fact that it took 20 minutes to get off the ground due to paper work problems. I became a ad concerned when they announced this over the PA. I was wondering if the pilot could fly if he couldn’t even fill out paperwork. Luckily, I got to London safely. There was no one next to me or in front of me so I laid down and tried to sleep. Only got about 2 hours that night. Everything was good in Customs and with my luggage, no problems there. The “earlier: group had to wait for the 30 others to arrive about an hour later and then we took a coach to the flat. The outside of the flat is gorgeous. However, my flat is located in the basement, or as we call it “The Pit.”

My bed in the flat

Emily and I got he largest double room. There is another double and a triple full of girls we know. This is when we met Craig. Craig is a middle aged man with a wolf sweatshirt. Now don’t think he is a nerdy guy, no. Craig has had 3 ex-wives and was a marine stationed in Afghanistan, Vietnam and many more.

Address: 29 Clifton Gardens Flat B London, UK W 9A (only for letters)

We went to the grocery store, where we found out just how expensive London really is. VERY EXPENSIVE!!!! I think I will be going on the liquid diet from now on…

The next day we woke up and took the tube to our classrooms, which in in Central London. The tube is beautiful. I am comparing it to the T of course. Its clean! There is no graffiti on the wall, you can see in front of you. The walls are nicely painted. You will not contract any viruses if you sit down. Its very nice. Then we had an orientation, ate lunch, and had a tour of London. Tour wasn’t so good since it was raining (shocking) and cold and I couldn’t hear the tour guide. I think we walked about 4 miles.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Rain in London - shocking!
So who is Craig, does he live in the building?

Unknown said...

Love the picture of your room and the disney calendar on the wall.
Mom

Anonymous said...

the euro is the same way! i always have more money than i think though, which is a perk!