Friday, February 12, 2010

Kiss and Run

Now, I know some of you may be confused with the title of this entry, but it does not pertain to me. It pertains to someone I know... no names needed. I just really enjoyed the title.

Anyways...

Since I have last written the biggest news is I booked spring break tickets. I hope Spain enjoyes these Elon/London girls. We are coming to invade. We are flying into Barcelona on Sat, March 20th. On Thursday, we will travel by some means to Madrid and stay there till Sunday, March 28th. I am super excited. We do not have any more details but I will keep informed.

I have visited a lot of museums in these past couple of days.
Sarah, Jackie and I did the British Museum where some of the Rosetta stone is. It was amazing. I cannot believe the main instrument that deciphered the Egyptain language was right in front of us. Unreal. We were there for 2 hours and only did the first floor... we wil be back.
Imperail War Museum-amazing, we went for our beatles class but will be going 2 more times for the history class. There were tons of old planes, Holocaust part (I almost cried) and various WW1, WW2, British War and the Blitz War. Its been really interesting learning about how the British were only powers because everyone else was dealing with internal fairs or was not a country. We learned about the Boer War... basically the British were Barbaric (yet again) and killed thousands of people for gold. Alright, enough with my history schpel...I am learning.
The other museum I visited was today with Emily, the Science Museum. Now most people who know me know that I LOVE THE SCIENCE MUSEUM IN BOSTON. If people come visit or need something to do in Boston, I immediately suggest this museum. I attend random exhibits....cough cough harry potter cough cough...However, the London version was not as good as the Boston one. Nonetheless it was a lot of fun.


So my days have been consisting of site seeing, class and going out. We found a college night with one gbp fifty drinks and 7 gbp pitchers and just enjoying the culthure and everything it has to offer. Its been fun, but I feel like I have been hear a month, not a week and half. I still cannot believe I am here for 3 months. Its out of control and I love it. The Londoniers I have met are sarcastic so I feel at home. Makes me think of my friends at home.

Oh, if anyone was wondering about Stephanie Lindsey Oden, I have talked to her about 8 hours total. Shes doing great. I miss her.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the title. Whoever it's about must be awesome

Unknown said...

I am jealous (and happy for you) about Spain.
Glad you are having such a good time and also learning.