Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dublin

One of my favorite weekends by far...makes up for an okay week.

I decided that I should got out on Tuesday because its college night. I put my coat down for 5 minutes, and its gone. Luckily all they got was my coat and gloves. But I learned my lesson...CHECK YOUR COAT!! The next day I went shopping :-). Got a lovely new black jacket in London. What a great story.

Then I went to Dublin, Ireland!! I flew on Ryan air. We heard Ryan air does not do customer service, well they were right. One of my friends left her printed boarding pass at home and they were going to charge 40 euros to print another. When she asked the Ryan air lady if there was a printer, the lady said no. Well she lied!! There was a printer a floor above and luckily we found out before she paid. The flight was good otherwise.

We landed in Dublin late Thursday night. There were about 15 of us. We went to our hostel called The Shinning...yes like the scary movie. The hostels was... well it was a hostel. But we booked a 14 person room and apparently they didn't have that available so 10 slept in one room and 5 slept in another large room. But basically everyone ended up sleeping in the room together. First 15 minutes there, we left and went out to a local Irish pub. It was amazing. These 2 guys, on the guitar and FIDDLE started singing a mix of country, Sinatra, and pop. Crazy huh.

Friday, we went on a free 3 hour walking tour. It was awesome. Our tour guide was a 6'4" red haired sterotypical irishman. He was amazing. He told us all about Ireland's history and how they hate the British. We went for drinks after the tour with him. Then we split up and Vanessa, Emily, Jake and myself went to the Jameson Distillery. It was cool. I got picked to taste test the various kinds of whiskeys around the world - Jameson being the best. Basically I got to drink more than everyone else. Not bad. Oh and I got a lovely diploma for doing it. Then we went out to Temple Bar.



Saturday we woke up and went to the Irish coast...beautiful!! I got an amazing breakfast consisting of poached eggs, sausage and of course, chips (french fries). It was an authentic Irish breakfast. When we got our bill we realized they added wrong so we all got a 1 euro discount on our meal. Not to shabby. Then we watch the Ireland v England rugby match at a local pub. It was so much fun. Everyone was so into it. It was such a good atmosphere. Then we went out (notice a trend).
We finally just got back to London about 2 hours ago. I missed Clifton Garden's bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great trip - with alot revolving round drinking - that's Ireland.
Did you buy the Irish scarf?

Mom

Ashley said...

NO ROOM SPACEEEEEEE!!! New Jacket?? Expensivee.. do a day trip to Rome!! I'll be there the 9-15

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you in a week!
Mom