Monday, April 19, 2010

Iceland Volcano...I hate you

I don't know if you have heard, but a huge volcano erupted in Iceland on Thursday and has prevented ANYONE from flying all around Europe. Its crazy. One girl who was staying at our flat had to go home to Ireland, took her 14 hours because of ferries and buses. So I am supposed to go to Amsterdam on Friday, but we don't know if we can still do it...hopefully we can.

Wednesday, I should have been doing work, but instead I took advantage of a beautiful day and walked around Camden. One of my favorite places in London. It has TONS of flea markets and AMAZING INTERNATIONAL FOOD. I learned I like Hungarian and Turkish food. I also got a cheap henna tattoo!

On Friday a group of us went to Brighton which is in England, but on the coast. Its gorgeous. Its a hippie town with lots of seafood. I got muscles. YUM. They also had a pier with a carnival type thing. It was a ton of fun, and it was finally nice out.




Saturday was Mandy's birthday. Emily, Mandy and I went shopping to Ache Y Emme for her birthday dress. You would all be proud of me, I did not bring my wallet out so I would not spend any money.She got a really nice leopard print dress. Emily and I bought her some orange headphones (since she kept stealing ours). She loved the gift. The we went to dinner at this Tex-Mex restaurant. They have a special which is 12 gbp pitchers of margaritas and nachos. I split it with Jasmina and Morgan. I also got a steak burrito with good guacamole. This place is pretty cheap too. Then we got ready to go out. We all decided to get really dolled up since its a 21st bday! It was probably one of my favorite nights our in London.



Sunday was 60 degrees. I know unheard of for London. So naturally we took advantage of it. We ate at this place up the street called Raouls. There food is heaven, evern Paul McCartney agrees. I have yet to see him. A huge group of us ventured to Hyde Park to do homework, play Frisbee and soccer and just hang out. I finally realized how many people actually do live in London. Apparently everyone in the world had the same idea to hang out outside in London. There were 4 futbol games going on around us, a ParKoure/ Taiwan demonstration with shirtless men. I think they were into each other and their stunts more than anything else. They entertained all of us. Then I got home and skype Sam. He had so much new information for me...NOT. But it was nice to talk to him. <3

Today I decided I will be a student and catch up on some homework since I have a ton.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds great.
Too bad I missed going to Brighton